Is your Printer is not showing in the Adobe reader? Have you tried every possible trick to fix the issue?
If the problem is still not resolved, you have come to the right place. This issue is very common in software like Adobe, Microsoft Office, and other editing software.
However, the issue is not that big to worry about; it can resolve without an expert.
Adobe reader doesn’t show a Printer when you are using an outdated printer driver, corrupt software, or some error in your Printer. Besides this, there could be various other reasons for this particular problem.
Therefore, in this article, I will discuss all these reasons that could encounter an error in your Printer. Moreover, I will also discuss a solution for
How To Fix This Problem On Your Computer?
Before we troubleshoot the error, it is necessary to identify the problem of why the Printer is not showing in the Adobe reader.
There are mainly 5 reasons that could cause this problem in your computer. Here is the list of reasons that could cause this particular reason in your computer.
Run Latest Version of Adobe
Adobe is one of the popular document editing software in Windows OS. Every month they bring updates and patches to their software. Therefore, it is necessary to update the software on your computer.
If your Printer is not showing in Adobe reader, then makes sure that you are using the latest version of Adobe Reader.
Here is the step-wise instruction to update Adobe Reader on your computer.
- Open the adobe reader on the computer.
- At the top of the tab, you will see different options to customize the application. Click on Help.
- Now click on the Check for Updates options.
- After this, Adobe will check for updates, and it will show instructions to update software.
After you update Adobe reader, restart your computer. Open the Adobe reader and see if it shows Printer or not. If it is not showing, then follow the next solution.
Repair Adobe Acrobat
Sometimes the software can get corrupt or stop responding to your computer. The internal problem in the software can also cause Adobe not to show the Printer.
However, you can fix this problem from the Adobe reader itself. There is an option Repair installation which lets users fix the problem within the software. Here is the step-wise instruction to do this.
- First of all, open the Adobe reader on your computer.
- On the top menu, you will see different options like File, Edit, View, Windows, and Help. Navigate your mouse to the Help button.
- After this, a Pop-up menu will appear, showing different helping options.
- Click on the Repair Installation from the given options.
- A confirmation tab will appear in the background. Click on Confirm button, and then the software will start the Repairing process on your computer.
After the repairing process ends, restart your computer and open the Adobe reader in your computer.
After this check, if the problem exists or not. If it still exists, follow the next solution.
Update Printer driver
Just like Adobe reader, you should also update your printer driver to secure your device from viruses and other security concerns.
If you haven’t updated your printer driver for a long time, then consider updating the printer driver on your computer.
Using an outdated Printer can also cause your device not to recognize the software program.
You can easily update your printer driver on your computer. There are different ways to update the printer driver on your computer.
Here is one of the easiest ways to update your printer driver on your computer.
- Click on the start button.
- Click on the control panel or Gear button located on the bottom left corner of your windows.
- After this, click on Hardware and sound options from the control panel.
- Now click on the Device Manager, and it will show all the input devices on your computer.
- Now right, click on the Printer, which is not showing in Adobe reader.
- Click on the Update driver option from the Pop-up menu.
- Now a new tab will appear in your windows. There you will see an option to manually and automatically update the driver.
- Click on the automatic option; it will automatically download and update the recently released driver on your computer.
This is how you can update printer drivers from your computer. If the above methods don’t work, then uninstall the existing drivers.
After this, install the driver directly from the official printer website and install it on your computer.
Run Printer Troubleshooter
Another way to fix the Printer not showing an error in Adobe is by troubleshooting the Printer.
If none of the above-listed solutions is working, there must be a problem with the Printer. If you are using a wireless printer, make sure you have configured the Printer properly.
Besides this, check if the Printer is working in normal use or another application. If the Printer is not working, then follow the below step-wise instructions.
- Click on the start button.
- Now click on the gear button appearing on the bottom left corner of the windows.
- A new tab will appear when you click on the Gear button.
- After this, on the left side of the tab, you will see the Troubleshoot option. Click on the Troubleshoot button.
- After this, click on the Printer and click on the Run the Troubleshooter button.
- Windows will start to troubleshoot the process on your computer. This will take a couple of minutes. Don’t open any application until the troubleshooting process ends.
This is how you can troubleshoot the error of your Printer. I hope this method will fix the Printer not showing in the Adobe reader problem.
Correct Way To Set Up A Printer For Adobe Reader?
If you are using multiple printers in your device, it could also cause the Printer not to show in adobe reader error.
Therefore, I suggest you check if you have set your Printer as a default printer or not. If not, then I suggest you do this.
Here is the step-wise instruction to set your Printer as a default printer.
- Click on the start button.
- Search the control panel in the search bar or click on the Control panel option.
- Now there, you will see the various setting icon.
- Click on Hardware and Sound icon from the control panel.
- After this, click on Device and Sound and then right-click on the printer you want to use in Adobe Reader.
- A pop-up menu will appear after you right-click on the Printer. Click on Set as Default Printer options.
This is how you can set your Printer as a default printer. After you follow the above instruction, make sure to reset your computer and then see if the Printer is showing in Adobe reader or not.
Sometimes Printer does not work correctly, which cause printer error in Adobe Reader or other third-party application.
There are various reasons for this problem. So, we have talked about every possible issue which could cause this error in your computer.
In addition to this, we have also discussed step-wise instruction for every problem.
I hope you have successfully fixed the Printer not showing in the Adobe reader problem.
Why my Printer is not showing in Adobe reader and other applications?
You must have configured the Printer in the wrong way; therefore, it is causing this issue in your computer.
Why is my Printer not printing PDFs?
The older version of the printer driver does not support PDF. So, I suggest you update your printer driver to fix this error. If the issue persists, check the printer connection and ensure that there is no issue with the printer connection.
This Is What You Need To Do When The Printer Says Attention Is Required
This Is How To Convert A File Or Folder Into The PDF Format Perfectly
How To Unlock A Secured PDF File With And Without Password
How To Connect HP Wireless Printer To WiFi Network (2 Simple Ways)
13 Perfect Ways To Convert PDF To PPT
7 Simple Ways To Scan A Document With Multiple Pages Into PDF Format
Tanmoy Misra found his love for tech early in life when he got his first Nintendo (NES) console. He spent many hours blowing into cartridges to no avail until inspiration struck and he started taking apart and rebuilding anything that didn’t work. After dropping console gaming at the end of high school, Tanmoy entered the world of PC online gaming. His love of gaming and problem-solving soon led him to build his computers. As per expertise, he is an ISF-certified video calibrator and covering AV for a number of publications since 2018.