When it comes to printing from iPhone or iPad, the easiest way to print a document, file, or photo is by using Air Print. If you want to How To Print From iPhone Or iPad To A Wire And Wireless Printer check out our detailed guide.
Apple’s Air Print is a modern printing technology that is limited to iOS and macOS devices.
This technology helps you print web pages, images, notes, and other documents without using a USB cable.
All you have to do is to connect your phone and printer to the same Wi-Fi network. Moreover, your printer should be compatible with Apple’s Air Print technology to print wirelessly.
However, there are some situations when Apple’s Air Print doesn’t work properly.
There can be various reasons behind this problem. Further, there are multiple solutions that you can try to fix this problem.
Additionally, the issue can lie in your Wi-Fi network or even Bluetooth, causing the issue.
So below, we have explained why this issue occurs and how it can be fixed within minutes.
What is Air Print?
Air Print is a modern printing technology developed by Apple to help users print anything like a photo, file, or document without using a wired connection or downloading the software or printer drivers.
It does not require other things to print other than a reliable Wi-Fi connection, an Air Print enabled printer, an iPhone or iPad and is updated to the latest version of iOS macOS.
Moreover, if you don’t have access to a reliable Wi-Fi network, you can use other options to print from your iPhone that too wirelessly using Air Print.
The Direct Print or Wi-Fi is another great option that works with Apple’s Air Print, and you can use it to print a photo, document, or web page.
The Wi-Fi Direct or Direct Print feature can be found in various modern printers, including HP, Epson, Canon, and more.
What To Do If No AirPrint Printers Are Found On iPhone or iPad?
The ” No AirPrint Printers Found ” error is the most common and frustrating issue with an Air Print feature.
It usually occurs in your iPad and iPhone when your printer doesn’t appear in the connected printer’s list.
There can be various problems in this situation, and you have to identify the root cause to fix this issue.
The first and most common root cause for “No AirPrint Printers Found” issues occurs when your printer cannot communicate with your iPad, iPhone, iPod, or macOS device.
Moreover, this issue usually occurs in the old printers, which have Air Print features. Those old printers were not updated on time, and earlier, Air Print had some issues.
For instance, old printers usually get disconnected, puts your printing job into the queue, and you can face some other issues as well.
Enable & Disable Airplane Mode:
- Turn on the printer.
- Make sure that your iPhone and printer is connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Enable and disable Airplane mode. To do that, launch the Settings app and turn on Airplane mode, then close the Settings app.
- Next, lock your device and wait for a minute now. Unlock your device turn off the Airplane mode.
- Refresh the Wi-Fi connection and connect with the same Wi-Fi as your printer.
Reset the Network Settings in iPhone:
- Launch the Settings app, find and tap on General. Now, scroll down the screen to the bottom and tap on Reset.
- Select Reset Network Settings, then enter the Passcode.
- Confirm this process and follow the on-screen instruction, which may vary depending upon the iOS version.
Restart iPhone and Printer:
Sometimes restarting your iPhone and printer fixes the issue or this issue.
There can be various reasons like printing jobs in the queue, iPhone Air Print has some issues, and more.
Such issues can be fixed just by restarting your printer and iPhone.
- Press and hold the power button of your iPhone for a few settings until the boot menu comes up.
- Tap on Restart, and your iPhone will now successfully restart.
- After that, restart your printer by the press and hold the power button for 3-5 seconds.
- Now, the printer will be turned off, remove the Power cord from the Plug.
- Connect the power cord again and press the power button of your printer.
- The printer will now restart. Now, connect the iPhone and your Printer to the Wi-Fi network and check if the issue is resolved.
Changing the DNS Settings.
- To change your iPhone or iPad DNS settings, tap on the Settings icon from the home screen.
- Now, tap on Wi-Fi and make sure that Wi-Fi is turned on.
- Tap on the info icon next to the connected network name and scroll down the screen.
- Now, tap on Configure DNS and tap on Manual and then remove the existing DNS.
- After that, tap on Add Server and enter the new DNS server as 188.8.131.52 and 184.108.40.206.
Restart your Wi-Fi Router:
- First, plug out your Wi-Fi router from the power source and wait for a few seconds.
- Plug it back.
- If you are using a mobile hotspot, then turn it off and on.
- Connect your iPhone and Printer to the same Wi-Fi network again and check if the issue is resolved.
Check the ink level:
Check the Ink Level of your printer. Sometimes you get this type of error when your printer does not have sufficient ink to print a document, photo, or webpage, so that this error may occur. Here is how to fix it.
- Get a new ink cartridge or refill the old one.
- Make sure the ink is not coming out and not leaking from any side.
- Install the ink cartridge into the printer.
- Restart your printer once and connect it to the Wi-Fi network.
- Give it a test print and check if the issue is resolved.
Reset all settings:
- First, launch the Settings app from the menu.
- Next, tap on general and then tap on Reset at the bottom of the screen.
- Then select Reset All Settings and proceed by entering the Passcode, if asked.
- Again, tap on Reset All Settings to confirm this process.
- Now, connect your iPhone to the same Wi-Fi network as your printer.
- Give it a test print and check if the issue is resolved.
Use a Private Network:
We all know how much Apple is concerned about your safety and privacy.
They care about the safety of our documents, photos, and files, which is one reason why AirPrint doesn’t work on an unsecured or public Wi-Fi network.
So, if you are trying to connect your printer to public Wi-Fi and then trying to print, you won’t be able to do that because your iPhone won’t scan or connect to the Printer on a Public or unsecured network.
If you try to connect to a Printer on a Public Wi-Fi Network, you will receive “No AirPrint Printers Found” on your iPhone.
So, make sure to connect to a private Wi-Fi network that is password-protected, secured, and then try again.
Hard Reset the Printer:
- If the printer is turned on, turn it off by pressing and holding the power button for 3-5 seconds, depending on your printer.
- Unplug the power cord from the printer.
- Make sure to unplug the other end of your power cord from the power source.
- Now, wait for 60 seconds.
- Next, reconnect the power cable to the printer and the other end to a power source.
- Turn the printer on by the press and hold the power button for 10-20 seconds, and it will automatically reset.
What To Do If The Printer Appears In The List But Won’t Print?
Sometimes the Printer shows up in the list of connected printers in your iPhone or iPad, which means that the printer is successfully connected to your device.
However, if there is no print coming out of the printer even after connecting successfully, you may need to check a few things.
Most of the time, when your printer is connected to your iPad or iPhone, it will detect the problem in your printer.
For instance, if the printer is running out of paper sheets and you give it a print command, it will detect the problem and show the information on your iPad or iPhone.
Similarly, if the printer is running out of ink, it will show a pop on your iPhone, stating about insufficient ink in the printer.
- Make sure the printer has sufficient ink to print the document, file, or photo. You can check the ink level from the ink indicator in your printer.
- Make sure there are enough paper sheets on your printer to complete the printing job.
- Ensure the printer does not have any paper jam as it can break your printer as well.
- You have to make sure the printer isn’t stuck in a printing queue. You can reboot the printer to fix such issues.
- Run Printer Diagnostics from the Control Panel of your Printer to check the basic report of your printer. If it shows some error like insufficient ink or paper, paper jam, etc., then fix it up manually.
- Restart your iPhone or iPad as that may have some issues while connecting to the printer, so it is not printing anything.
- Make sure the Wi-Fi connection is stable or try with a different network.
- Restart your Wi-Fi router, as your router may causing the issue.
What To Do If The Printer And iPhone Not Connecting via Bluetooth?
The printer has a lot of connecting issues with the iPhone and iPad, and Bluetooth connectivity is one of them. When your printer cannot connect to your iPhone via Bluetooth, you can follow these steps.
- Restart your printer and iPhone.
- Make sure your iPhone is up to date.
- Try to forget the Bluetooth connection.
- Go to Settings on your iPhone.
- Tap on Bluetooth and look for My Devices.
- Tap on the information icon and click on Forget This Device.
- Reset the network settings of your iPhone.
- Go to Settings >> General >> Reset >> Reset Network Settings.
- Type in the Passcode and confirm changes.
There is no specific or particular reason to point out why you can’t print from iPhone or iPad. But there are solutions that you can try which we had provided in this article to fix the issue. Hope that help you.
Tanmoy Misra found his love for tech early in life when he got his first Nintendo (NES) console. He spent many hours blowing into cartridges to no avail until inspiration struck and he started taking apart and rebuilding anything that didn’t work. After dropping console gaming at the end of high school, Tanmoy entered the world of PC online gaming. His love of gaming and problem-solving soon led him to build his computers. As per expertise, he is an ISF-certified video calibrator and covering AV for a number of publications since 2018.