Splitting or extracting pages from PDF is required for many purposes. Maybe you want to make multiple PDFs from a single one or maybe you want to make a group of PDFs of similar topics. Whatever there are many reasons.
Extracting PDFs is quite easy and in this article, I will share simple steps to do that.
The availability of the Google Chrome Web browser will allow you to create a new PDF by extracting any other files.
The icon of Google Chrome is available in the Start Menu (For Windows users) and the Application folder for Mac OS users.
- Firstly, you have to open your Google Chrome. If your desktop doesn’t attain Google Chrome then use the below link to download it https://www.google.com/chrome.
- Now, click on Ctrl+O for Windows. This command will help you to select the default file. If you’re a macOS user then you have to press Command+O to continue this process.
- The selected file is opened on your desktop.
- Google may prompt you to download and save the file. If Google prompts you to download and save the file instead of displaying it in PDF, cancel it and do the following.
- Click on the menu option in Google Chrome.
- Now, click on settings.
- Find the option of “Site setting” under Privacy and security.
- Scroll down to the bottom and click on the motion of Additional settings.
- Click on the PDF document and click on the switch to Off.
- Now, reopen the PDF and you’ll get your problem solved.
- Find the option of Menu which is displayed with 3 dots at the corner of the page.
- A full-fledged menu will open in front of you. Now, you have to find the click on the option of Print.
- At this step, you have to click on the Drop-down menu option, which is available below ” Destination“.
- A menu will open where you have to select the option of “Save as PDF” this will be the second option of the dropdown list.
- Come to the next drop-down menu in Pages. Select the option of Custom.
- Here, you have to select the pages which you want to extract. Suppose you have a PDF of 10 pages from 1 to 10 and if you want to extract from page 2 up to page 4 then you can select the range of 2-4. You can also select the pages individually.
- After customizing your PDF, Save it. Now, you just have to add the name and place of your PDF and save it.
By following the above-discussed steps you can easily create a new PDF by extracting or splitting a PDF. Now, let’s figure out more methods below.
Mac OS with Preview
If you’re using a Mac OS then the following will be suitable for you.
- Firstly, you have to open your PDF in Preview which is a default PDF viewer available in Mac Os. You just have to make a double-click to open the available PDF in Preview.
- Now, select the option of Open with and click on Preview in it.
- Click on the view option and select the option of thumbnails. The view is available in the menu bar which is available on the top of the screen.
- At this step, you have to select the pages which you want to extract from the PDF. Place Command on the page which you want to extract and the page will be extracted from the PDF.
- Now, select the “File Menu” option, which is available in the top-left corner of the screen. In this menu, select the Print option to print the range of pages.
- You can also customize the details of your pages by selecting the option of “Show Details”.
- Select the option of Save As PDF which is available in the drop-down list at the bottom of the page.
- At last, enter the name of the file and click to save it.
Hence, your PDF pages will easily get extracted and added into a new file.
Smallpdf Online Tools
Smallpdf online tools are one of the best ways to execute this work for creating a new PDF. See the steps below:-
- Firstly, you have to open the official web portal of Smallpdf Online Tools in your web browser. If you’re facing difficulty finding it then use this https://smallpdf.com/split-pdf.
- Once the official portal will open then you have to click on the option of ” Choose files“. By clicking on it you can easily drag the PDF file and create a new PDF from it.
- After selecting the pages click on the 1st option which is “Extraction of files“
- Now, click on the Extract button.
- It’s time to select the files or pages which you want to extract. So, click and select every page which you want to add in a new PDF. To select the page you have to place a checkmark on every page which is available on the Top-left side of the screen.
- Now, click on the option of Extract.
- Once your file gets ready then the option of “Download” will start appearing on the screen. Click to download the file.
Using the Small Pdf online tool is one of the easiest and shortest ways to split or extract pages to create a new PDF.
By an Open Source app
As an open-source app PDFSam ranked as the best platform to extract pages and create a new PDF from them.
To download the official application of PDFSam and add it to your computer you may use https://pdfsam.org/download-pdfsam-basic.
- Once the application is downloaded then you have to install it. So, double-click the downloaded file and wait to get the app installed on your desktop.
- Open the application and select the option of extract. If the application is not started on your screen directly, you can proceed via the Start menu.
- At this step, you have to add the document which you want to extract. So, select the file and click on Add option.
- Now, select the file and open it.
- At this step, you have to add the pages which you want to extract from the PDF. You can go through selective ways like 1,3,4,7,9 or you can also select the pages via ranges from 4-6.
- Now, click on the option of Browse button which is available in the “output settings”. So, select the name of the folder and proceed to the next.
- Select the name of the new PDF from the option named “Filename settings“.
- Lastly, select the option of “Run” which is available at the bottom of the web page.
On Android Mobiles
Extracting PDF files and creating a new file from them is a lot of work, especially on Android and iOS devices.
You can easily do this work by completing some easy steps which are listed below:-
- Firstly, open the PDF file which you want to extract. Now, click on the 3 dot option of the menu bar. Some options will start to appear and you just have to click on the option of “Print”.
- Tap to the “Select a Printer” option and after that tap on “Save as PDF“.
- Now, Tap on the Dropdown option and select the page size with the range of pages that you want to extract.
- So, enter the page number which you want to extract like 2-5, 7-9. You’ll also get facilitated by the option of the review page section. Here, you can select the pages which you want to deselect.
- At the lower right section of the page, the option of Save as PDF is available. After selecting the pages, you just have to make a Tap on “Save as PDF” and hence your work is done.
On iOS or iPad
If you’re an iOS user and want to extract pages from a PDF and create a new PDF then follow the steps listed below:-
- Firstly, open the PDF that you want to extract, select the Share option, and then Tap to Print.
- Now, a new page will open on your screen. Here, you can easily customize the PDF. You can easily select the page’s size and the pages you want to deselect from your PDF.
- After selecting all the pages which you want to extract then immediately “Pinch out” on the preview page.
- A new page will open where you have to again select the option of the Share button. Now, save the new file as PDF by selecting the option of Save As PDF.
So, here we discussed 6 Simple Ways To Split or Extract Pages From PDF Document (Online & Offline).
We learned how easily you can extract the required pages from PDF and how easily make a new PDF with required pages.
I’m sure that the required information will be helpful for you. So, just go and extract your PDF now.
More Articles On PDF