Over time, when there is a lot of third-party software and various applications installed, resources are used faster. If so, if you want to know.
Why does my computer keep freezing or How To Speed Up Windows 10 Startup And Shutdown? Read this Windows 10 train freezer tutorial.
If you experience significant problems with your Windows 10 laptop or desktop, you can follow these helpful Windows 10 quick tricks that will help you fix How To Speed Up Windows 10 Startup And Shutdown problems.
Also Read: How To Monitor Network Traffic On Router
How To Speed Up Windows 10 Startup And Shutdown
Speed Up Windows 10 Startup And Shutdown Are some of the most common problems with Windows 10 operating systems where Windows 10 computers take several minutes to start and shut down completely.
However, there is no specific reason why Windows 10 takes so long to start or why Windows 10 does not close properly.
But in most cases, it is due to system file corruption or outdated drivers who do not allow Windows to open or close without power.
So, if you want to test your system for memory problems, check for problematic disk errors, update drivers in Windows 10 and follow this Windows 10 configuration tutorial.
This guide will also help you if your Windows 10 continues to crash and restart after installing Windows 10 creator update.
And don’t worry, today we have some great solutions that you can use on your PC to make Windows 10 get started faster and fix Windows 10 slow shutdown problems.
You Have To Open Fast Lunch in Window 10
Quick Launch is a feature built into Windows 10 that combines hibernation and closure features to give you a fast start experience.
Windows 10 Enabling A quick startup feature will help you get started on your PC faster than usual. Here’s how to unlock a quick start to Windows 10 to speed up Windows boot time:
- First, right-click on the first button and select the “Power” option.
- From the power and sleep section, click on the “Additional Power Settings” link.
- Next, you have to click on the power buttons on the left side of the window.
- Click on change.
- Under the Shutdown settings section, enable the “Open startup (recommended) option” and click the Save Changes button.
Disable Launch Programs in Windows 10
Of course, if you install multiple applications in the Windows 10 startup folder, it may seem like a long time to start Windows.
Disabling startup programs will significantly help you to make your Windows 10 pc boot faster.
- In the beginning, right-click the Windows 10 taskbar and select the “Task Manager”.Now you have to press the Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys together.
- First, you have to go on task manager
- go to the Getting Started tab and right-click on the Program you want to prevent it from starting when your computer boots and select the Disable option.
- From the Startup tab, disable all unnecessary startup programs according to your preference. This action will make Windows 10 start faster.
Turn Unwanted Notifications Into Windows 10
The more notifications you receive on your computer, the more resources you will use. To counteract the slow computer problem, you can turn off all unwanted information from the Notifications & Actions Center, after which you will not receive annoying alerts.
Disabling notifications will help you fix Windows 10 slow boot problem and speed up the Windows 10 shutdown process.
- First, go to the start menu and open Settings> System window.
- From the left pane of the System window, select the Notifications and Actions option and turn off all notifications from notifications and receive information from this senders section.
- Once you disable unnecessary notifications (Get tips, tricks, and suggestions as you use Windows, and show me a welcome Windows experience after the update and sometimes when I sign up for new and suggested highlights), Windows 10 won’t take long to start and close.
Remove Unwanted Windows Apps
We install many programs and applications on our computer that we do not know about, but these programs use disk space and run in the background, resulting in high CPU usage.
You also recommend removing all unnecessary programs. By eliminating unwanted Windows 10 programs, you will be able to free up a lot of drive space and speed up startup time.
To uninstall Windows 10 applications first, go to Advanced> Settings> Applications> Apps, and features and a list of Windows 10 applications will appear. In the list, click on the app you want to uninstall and then click the Uninstall button.
Or, you can uninstall unwanted programs on Windows 10 PC by going to Control Panel> Uninstall a program and select a new program and click on Uninstall option.
Therefore, you can easily remove unwanted Windows programs to fix Windows 10 slow boot or speed up slow shutdown in Windows 10 system.
Remove Malware on Windows 10
It prioritizes you if you want to make Windows 10 start immediately or speed up the Windows 10 shutdown process.
If viruses or malware are present on your computer, it may take longer for your computer to reboot.
Use any powerful and effective antivirus software to scan your computer and if there is any malware found during the scan, remove it.
Edit Your Page File
Page File is a virtual memory stored on your hard disk and is always usable no matter how much RAM you have. Disabling is not a good idea unless you have 3-4GB of RAM where you can try it.
Save the page file to a separate disk away from Windows installation, improving performance. Recommend that you save your Page File to the root drive.
It is essential to set your page file large enough and make it the default size to prevent it from expanding, resulting in loss of functionality.
Therefore, it is essential to set the “original” size and “Page size” alike and allow yourself to have more room on the page. RAM: Original size and page file size
Improve Overall Explorer Functionality
Log in to your root drive, click Edit, point to Layout, and uncheck “Details”. The info window appears to slow down the window’s rotation. Under the Edit button, click on “Folder and search options”.
Under the “View” tab, click “Show file size details in folder suggestions”. Delete caches from your computer laptop.
Lower The Boot Menu Time Out
Image Credit: TenForums.com
By changing the boot menu time you can reduce the startup time. When you start the system it shows the boot menu before the OS loads. The reason it appears it allows us to start Windows in safe mode.
To decrease the boot menu follow the below steps:
- Go to the control panel by pressing the Windows and R buttons together.
- Then System > Advanced system settings>Startup and Recovery>Settings.
- Then find “Time to display list of operating systems” and change the value from 30 seconds to 10 seconds and click ok.
Switch To SSD From HDD
Another great thing you can do is to change from HDD to SSD and one of the best answers for “How To Speed Up Windows 10 Startup And Shutdown’.
Solid State Drive (SSD) also known as Flash Memory are excellent in enhancing the speed of start-up and shut down not only that it also increases your device performance.
But the major problem is they are very costly two to three times more than HDDs so if you can afford them then it is the best way.
Speed Up The Windows Shutdown Process
Here we will deliver you two best tips that you can do additionally to speed up the Windows 10 shutdown process.
Whereas above tips are enough for both processes because if you keep your Windows clean and clear it will automatically work faster.
Close Running Applications
Always be sure to close all running applications before you shut down your device. Because if you go for Windows shut down if you have programs running then your PC will take time to perform all the commands.
Create Turn Off Command
You can use this simple and tiny trick of creating a shortcut that has a turn-off command. This command containing shortcuts will turn off your pc very quickly. Follow these steps:
- Right-click and select shortcut from your home screen.
- Add shutdown command: %windir%system32shutdown.exe/s/t0.
- Provide the shortcut name of anything by which you can identify.
- After that double click the icon that you just created to turn off the Windows quickly.
So now here we conclude our article How To Speed Up Windows 10 Startup And Shutdown. These are our top 10 tips that we find most useful and we hope they will solve your question How To Speed Up Windows 10 Startup And Shutdown?
Whereas be sure to give us feedback on what you feel about How To Speed Up Windows 10 Startup And Shutdown article in our contact section.
If we have put anything wrong with this particular query How To Speed Up Windows 10 Startup And Shutdown then let us know.