Scanning a document into PDF format is not a very technical task which you can’t perform. In this article, I will provide you the simple and perfect ways how to scan a file into PDF format.
How To Do It On iPhone or iPad
If you’re owning an iPhone or iPad but don’t know How to scan a file into PDF format then just stick with us and follow the procedure which is listed below:-
- Firstly, you have to open the Notes on your iPhone or iPad. You just have to visit your Application menu and search for the name of Notes. Notes is a pre-installed application in most iPhones and iPad but if you deleted this application then download this application from the App store.
- Once its application is opened then you have to find the option of New notes. This option is available in the left corner of the screen. Select the option and proceed to the next step.
- Now, you have to open your keyboard and select the option of camera. If you’re using an iPhone then this option is available at the bottom and in the case of an iPad, this option is available on the upper side of the screen.
- When you click on the “Camera” option then a new menu will open which attains some new options. You have to select the option of “Scan documents“. So, Tap on scan documents and proceed to the next step.
- At this step, the camera of your phone is opened and you have to scan the document or file which you want to place in a PDF format. You just have to make sure that the camera is covering the entire page otherwise you lose some of the content in your created PDF. Also, try to place the sheet on a flat surface with perfect lighting so that the picture is clear.
- Now, select the option of capture when you’re ready to scan the photo. So, once you scan the document then click to take a picture of your scanned document.
- Once you click to capture the picture of the scanned document then the outlet of the page will start displaying as a preview. Click on the preview of the page.
- The page which you captured starts displaying in PDF format on the screen. You can make some edits or make a preview of this page.
- If you want to edit the page then you can easily edit the background of the page and if the game of the page is not right then you can also edit this. Otherwise, select the option of ” Retake” to rescan the document.
- It’s time to do the same things with all the pages which you covered several times.
- Once the whole pages of PDF are scanned then you have to select the option of Share which is displayed in the above three. So, select the option and proceed to the next.
- Various options start appearing on your screen. You have to select the option of “Save to File“. After that, you have to select the option where you want to save the picture.
- Tap the save option and wait until your file gets saved as a PDF document.
Hence, your file gets saved easily and you can easily open it anytime you want. So, whether you have an iPhone or iPad you can easily convert your file into PDF by following the above-discussed process.
How To Do It On Windows
If you’re a Windows user but don’t know who to get scan our document to get the PDF document of the file then see the steps which are listed below:-
- Firstly, you have to connect your scanner to the desktop. You can easily connect it with the help of a USB-Cable or wirelessly. If you scanned and attained wireless technology then connect the scanner wirelessly. Let us tell you that there are various types of the scanner so consult the connection settings of your scanner while purchasing.
- Once your scanner is on and gets connected with the computer then open the top of the scanner and place the page in it. The page mustn’t be defective and properly aligned.
- Come to your desktop and open the start option in it. Once the start option is to get open then you just have to search the option Fax and scan.
- Now, select the option of Fax scan and later click on the option of “new scan“. This option is available in the top-left corner of the web page.
- Select your scanner and if the scanner is already selected then select the document.
- Provide configurations (If any) in the scanning document like the type of scan and type of page etc.
- Now, select the option of scan and wait until the process is done. Once the PDF is scanned then select the option of File which is available in the top-right corner of the web page. Select the option of Print.
- Once you click to print then it will ask you to save it as a document of Microsoft Powerpoint and Adobe scan. So, select your preference and click on the option of ” Print“.
- It will ask you to select a location for the document. So, select the location where you want to save the document and ask to enter the name. So, enter the name of the document.
- Lastly, save the document, and hence your file is scanned and converted into PDF.
If you’re connecting the scanner with a USB port then no need for wi-fi is required but in the case of wireless connecting you need to connect it via wi-fi.
How To Do It On MAC
If you’re using a MAC but don’t know how to scan pages from it then let me tell you that you need the dedicated scanner to do it.
If you have a scanner then follow the steps and get the scanned pages of your file in your mac.
- Firstly, open your Mac and plug in your scanner too. Now, connect the scanner with the help of a USB cable otherwise select the option of wireless connecting. This option is inbuilt in some of the scanners. So, if your scanner attains the feature of connecting wirelessly then you can easily connect it wirelessly.
- Open the top of the scanner and place the page on it. Now, scan the document. Once the scanning of the first page is completed, come to your Mac and select the option of “Apple-menu“. Click on the option of system preference and proceed to the next step.
- Click on the option of “Print & Scanner“.
- Now, connect your printer with the MAC. Through this option, you’ll be able to connect the scanned file to your Mac.
- Select the name of your scanner and click on the option of “Scan“.
- Select the option of “Open scanner“. This option will open the scan utility of the scanner. Now, select the option of “Select or deselect file”. This option is available In the option of “Use document feeder“.
- Now, select the option of Show details. The configurations of the scanned document start displaying on the screen.
- Firstly, you have to select the page size. 8.5″ x 11″ paper size is recognized as the ideal page size for a document. Soz select the size of paper and later proceed to the “Scan To” option. This option will organize the type of document which you want to save. Turn this option to Pictures or Documents.
- Now, select the format of the Scan document To PDF and tick mark the option of “Combine into the single document“.
- Lastly, check the mark and click on the option of Scan.
- At this step, you just have to scan the other document/Next page and again visit the configuration page.
- Well, you have to change anything on this page. Just click to scan and the page will get scanned easily.
Hence, every time you scan a page then the page will automatically be saved in the place of saving which you set in the settings.
Adobe Scan (Android and iOS)
If you’re using an Android and iOS device and want to scan the file into PDF then you have to take help from a third-party application.
Adobe scan is one of the best applications to execute this work. So, let’s say Adobe scan will help us to scan the document in PDF Format.
- Firstly, you have to download the official mobile application of Adobe scan. This application is easily available on the Google play store (For Android users) and the Apple store (for iOS users). So, download the application successfully on your devices and proceed to the next step.
- Now, open the Adobe scan application and complete your registration via Facebook, Gmail, or any other sources. Once you complete the registration then open the app.
- The application will ask you for permission to use the camera and audio. You just have to select the option if “allow while using the app“.
- Hence, the front page of the Adobe scan application is opened. Now, you have to scan your first page and once it gets scanned then it starts viewing in the preview option.
- Select the page preview and where you can easily see the quality of scanning and configure settings in the page if any.
- Now, visit the page of Keep scanning and select the option which is available on the bottom right side of the page.
- Now, select pictures of further pages. Make sure that the quality of the page is good and take pictures under reasonable lighting conditions.
- Once all the pictures are taken then select the icon of pages which is placed on the bottom side of the screen.
- This will open all the pages which you scanned. You can easily make some edits like crop, rotate, etc.
- After completing the above steps, it’s time to rename the file so that you can easily find the file. So, select the name of the file which is displayed on the upper side of the screen.
- Now, select the option of Save which is displayed on the upper right side of the screen.
Hence, the created PDF is saved on your mobile devices and you can easily find it by searching with its name in the File menu.
Android (Using Google Drive)
If you’re an Android user and don’t want to download any application for PDF scan then you can easily scan the files and convert them into PDF by using Google Drive. This application is available on most Android phones. If you deleted the app then visit the Google play store and download it again.
- Firstly, open the Google Drive application and sign in with your Google account. Once you sign in then the main page of Google drive will start appearing.
- Now, you have to select the “+” option which is available in the bottom right of the screen. So, select the option and proceed towards the next step.
- A new window will open where you have to select the option of camera. This option will display on the right of the menu. So, select the option and after that allow the permissions which are asked of you.
- The camera will open and now you have to scan the pages which you want to create in a PDF format.
- So, scan the page and make sure that the corners of the pages will appear. Once they scan a page then save it and keep scanning the whole document.
- Now, it’s time to preview the pages which you scanned. So, preview each page and if you have seen any possible configurations then edit it. Otherwise, save the page.
- You can also change the name of the file from the menu available in the upper right section of the screen.
- After verifying all the pages click the correct option and hence your newly created PDF file is successfully saved.
This is one of the easiest ways for Android users to scan pages and create a new PDF document easily.
Using Software (Scan2PDF)
If you’re looking for trusted software that can be easily accessed from all the devices and is helpful to create the PDF from scanned files then Scan2PDF is one of the best options for you.
You can easily download the application from the official website or dedicated app stores and easily convert your files into a PDF format. Now, let’s see how to scan a file into PDF using the software Scan2PDF.
- Firstly, you have to download the application of Scan2PDF. Once you download the application then open it.
- Once you enter the official page of Scan2PDF, you have to find the option of “+“. So, click on it and wait for a response.
- If you have a dedicated file in PNG and JPG format then you can easily convert it into PDF otherwise scan the pages which you want to convert into PDF.
- Make sure that the pages will appear in the scanned picture (Content). Save it and repeat this process to all the pages which you want to take in your PDF.
- Once all the pages get scanned then it’s time to verify them. If you feel any possible configurations in the pages then you can easily do it. If everything is clear then proceed to the next step.
- Save the pictures and rename the newly created PDF. Click to save.
Hence, your newly created PDF will easily get saved in your device and you can easily find it in your File manager.
Converting a Scanned Image File to PDF
You can also convert the scanned file into PDF through your desktop easily. If you’re willing to do this then follow the steps which are listed below:-
- If you have a PNG scanned file on your desktop and you’re willing to convert it into PDF format then you have to visit the official website of PNG 2 PDF through this link http://png2pdf.com/. If your file is saved in JPG format then use this link http://jpg2pdf.com/.
- A website is open on your screen where you have to find the option of uploading files. This option is available in the middle of the screen. So, select it.
- It’s time to select the images which you scanned and saved on your desktop and select images and proceed to next.
- After selecting the pages click on the option of open and wait until the pages will successfully be uploaded into the website.
- You have to wait until your images are successfully converted into PDF format. Once the images get ready then the option to download the images will start appearing on the screen.
- Now, download the file and save it at your preferred place.
So, here we see how easily you can convert your PNG and JPG images into PDF. If your images are in JOG format then also you only have to follow the same steps (except connecting links) to get the PDF format of your images.
So, here we discussed How To Scan A File Into PDF Format. I’m sure that now I don’t have any doubt regarding scanning a file into a PDF format. So, just go and scan your file and create as many PDF files as you want.
13 Perfect Ways To Convert PDF To PPT
This Is How To Unlock A Secured PDF File With And Without Password
This Is How To Change Images To PDF File (7 Simple Ways)
This Is How To Convert A File Or Folder Into The PDF Format Perfectly
6 Simple Solution If You Can’t Open PDF Files After Windows 10 Update
Tanmoy Misra found his love for tech early in life when he got his first Nintendo (NES) console. He spent many hours blowing into cartridges to no avail until inspiration struck and he started taking apart and rebuilding anything that didn’t work. After dropping console gaming at the end of high school, Tanmoy entered the world of PC online gaming. His love of gaming and problem-solving soon led him to build his computers. As per expertise, he is an ISF-certified video calibrator and covering AV for a number of publications since 2018.