Removing printer ink from the paper could be a pain in the head for most of us. Unlike other ink, Inkjet printer ink is very difficult to remove from the paper.
It soaks deep inside the paper, making it very much difficult to remove ink from the paper.
It is not impossible for you to remove the ink, but you should know the proper technique to do it. In this section, we are going to discuss how to remove inkjet printer ink from the paper.
How to remove ink from Inkjet printer paper?
1. First of all, locate the area where you want to remove the ink.
2. After this, make a cotton ball and then soak the ink from the paper as fast as possible. The later you do, it will be more difficult to remove the ink. But, make sure don’t rub the cotton; dab on the ink.
3. Now take another cotton ball and then apply Acetone to the cotton. After this, slowly dab the cotton into the paper. But, make sure to put some paper beneath the paper; otherwise, the ink will transfer to the beneath the surface.
4. By now, the cotton should soak ink from the paper. If it’s not soaking the ink, consider drying out the paper. After this, use sandpaper or a razor blade.
5. Now slowly scrape the paper and scrap in only one direction. Doing this from two directions will tear the paper.
6. This is how you can remove the ink of the Inkjet printer. I hope that you have followed every step from the above section. If the link still exists in your paper, consider applying whiteout or white pen-like Tipex.
How to remove ink from laser printer paper?
Unlike Inkjet, laser printers are slightly different, and laser printers fuse the paper after printing. It will make it difficult to remove the ink from the paper.
Moreover, it will make it difficult to remove the ink. Here is stepwise instruction to remove the ink of the laser printer:
- First of all, place the paper on the table or make sure to remove the book and essential paper as it gets transferred while removing ink.
- Now make a cotton ball and apply little Acetone to the cotton. After this, apply the Acetone to the paper.
- Now gently rub the area with the ink. After this, the cotton should soak the ink.
- If you see good results, do this again with new cotton.
- After this, the cotton will soak all the possible ink from the paper. Now what you can do is scrape the paper using a razor blade.
- Scrape the surface gently and don’t do rigorously. After this, it will remove most of the ink from the paper.
This is how you can remove the laser printer ink from the paper. It will not completely remove the ink from the paper. You could still see the dark watermarks in the paper.
So, it is better to check the printer before printing any kind of paper or document.
How to remove ink using correction tape?
There are different ways to remove the ink from the printed paper. Similarly, correction tape is another example of removing the ink using correction tape. Correction tape is available in any stationery. Moreover, you can also order it online.
- First, locate the area where you are going to use tape.
- Now apply the tape to the area where there is ink.
- Now you can overwrite the tape without soaking the cotton on the paper.
This is how you can use correction tape without damaging paper by rubbing. You can apply tape any time.
It is not necessary to use tape immediately after the printing. Here all we need is to apply the tape and overwrite anything onto it.
Besides this, one can also use a correction pen-like Tipex than ruin the paper. But, it is not recommended to use if you have more ink on the paper. A correction pen is good to use if there is less ink on your paper.
Tip and tricks
If the above methods didn’t give a good result or you want to know some tips and tricks.
Here, we will discuss different types of solutions for removing ink from laser and inkjet printers.
- As we all know, removing printer ink from paper is a pain in the head, so it is necessary to check if the printer is working fine or not.
- It would be best to consider removing the ink from the paper as soon as possible. The later you do, the more ink gets soaked and makes it harder to remove later on.
- Wet paper is very much fond of being torn or damaged. Before you begin removing the ink, be patient and try to rub the ink gently from your paper.
- You should not use too much Acetone and other chemicals while removing ink. Using too much amount of ink will ruin your paper and create dark marks later on.
- After the use of a chemical compound like Acetone, you should use the heater to dry out the paper. This will help you to obtain a good result.
- Removing ink from the soaked paper is not an easy task. It could waste a lot of your time. So, instead of wasting much of your time removing ink, consider printing another paper.
Removing ink or laser printer and inkjet printer is not an easy task. The ink dissolves pretty fast in the paper, making it hard to remove ink from the paper.
After reading this article, you should be able to remove the ink from your paper. We have discussed two methods to remove the ink of Inkjet printer and laser printer.
More Printer Troubleshoot Articles
Tanmoy Misra found his love for tech early in life when he got his first Nintendo (NES) console. He spent many hours blowing into cartridges to no avail until inspiration struck and he started taking apart and rebuilding anything that didn’t work. After dropping console gaming at the end of high school, Tanmoy entered the world of PC online gaming. His love of gaming and problem-solving soon led him to build his computers. As per expertise, he is an ISF-certified video calibrator and covering AV for a number of publications since 2018.