Sometimes you may require to insert pictures into a PDF file. Maybe you are creating a project or any kind of presentation to make it more detailed and engaging. You need to have pictures in it.
There are not many ways available to insert images in a PDF document. In this article, we will explain to you three simple ways to insert pictures into a PDF file for Mac and Windows.
Using Adobe Acrobat Pro
If you want to add files in PDF on your Mac and Windows then you should have a paid subscription to Adobe Acrobat.
If you have no paid subscription then you can go with a free trial, which will be given only for 7 days. So let us know how to do it.
- First of all, users need to double-click the PDF file that they want to open. If Adobe Acrobat is not your default PDF viewer then you have to right-click on it and tap on Open With then just click on Adobe Acrobat.
- Now you have to tap on the Tools option that is available on the top left side of the screen. This option will open the toolbar.
- Then just click on the Edit PDF option that will allow you to make changes to your saved PDF file.
- Now you have to click on the Add Image option that is available on the right side of the screen.
- A new box will appear where you have to choose the image that you want to select and click on the Open option.
- Now you have to click on the place where you want to place the image in the PDF file.
- Then users can resize the image and can do all the other functions on the right side of the menu bar.
- Now just press Ctrl + S to save the file again on your PC or Laptop.
Using Online Free Tool
Adding Images into PDF can also be done through online PDF editing software. As many PDF editors are available on the Internet but users should go with smallpdf.com.
It is free software that can be used to add images to a PDF file. But make sure that this editor allows only image editing, you will not be able to edit text or formatting.
Follow the steps below.
- First of all, just download the smallpdf.com PDF editor and open it on your Windows OR Mac.
- Now just open the software and click on the Choose File option available at the top of the screen.
- Then you have to choose the PDF file in which you have to insert an image and just tap on the Open option.
- Now you have to scroll down the content and stop where you want to add an image.
- Now just tap on the Photo icon, which is available in the toolbar.
- Here you have to choose the image that you want to add and just tap on the Open button to add it.
- Now you can move the image from one place to another and if you want to edit the size of the image then you can also do it by dragging the blue dots.
- Now you have to click on the Download option that is available at the top right side of the screen. You also have to choose the location where you want to save this updated PDF file.
Using Preview in Mac
The Preview app doesn’t allow the users to add an image to the PDF. As it is not an easy task but you can perform it with a trick method.
But if you want to add a signature only then don’t worry, there is already an in-built feature in the Preview app.
So let see how to add an image in PDF using the Preview app.
- At first, you need to go to the folder where your image is available then just right-click on it and tap on Open With then click the Preview option.
- The image will open in the Preview app, press Command + A on your keyboard to select the whole image.
- Now just press Command + C to copy the image, the image will look a bit different but it works. Then press Command + V to copy the image over that.
- Now there are two images, one is original and another image is that one, which you can use in the PDF file by just copying it. A new image is considered an object image.
- Then you have to press Command + C to copy this object image, the image is saved on your Macbook’s keyboard, now just close the Preview app.
- Now move to the PDF file where you want to add this image. Just right-click on the PDF file and open with the Preview app.
- Now you have to scroll down the PDF file where you want to add this image. When you reach that place, just press Command + V on the keyboard to paste it into the PDF file.
That’s it, in this way, a user can add an image in the PDF in Mac or Windows using Preview.
Tanmoy Misra found his love for tech early in life when he got his first Nintendo (NES) console. He spent many hours blowing into cartridges to no avail until inspiration struck and he started taking apart and rebuilding anything that didn’t work. After dropping console gaming at the end of high school, Tanmoy entered the world of PC online gaming. His love of gaming and problem-solving soon led him to build his computers. As per expertise, he is an ISF-certified video calibrator and covering AV for a number of publications since 2018.