Changing PNG to PDF is not a very difficult task but it is required you to know the process correctly.
Changing to PDF is good if you are required to store many files of different formats as PDF takes less space and converting to PDF doesn’t compromise quality.
In this article, I will describe to you how you can convert PNG to PDF in every system (Windows, Mac, Photoshop, Google Drive) and also the process of converting multiple PNG to PDF step by step.
How To Convert PNG To PDF On Windows?
There is a default feature in Windows that allows users to convert PNG files to PDF easily. The feature is known as Microsoft Print to PDF.
So if you are unknown about this method then don’t worry, we have given the step-by-step guide, which will work with an image file and have a Print function.
So just follow the steps properly –
- First of all, users need to select the PNG file and then right-click on it then click on the Print option.
- Now you have to choose Printer ‘Microsoft Print to PDF’ and then tap on the Print option just below the image.
- A new dialogue box will appear in front of your screen where you have to give the file name and choose the location where you want to save this file. Then just click on Save.
- Users can also combine multiple images into PDF format. They just need to click multiple images and do the same process that we have given and then select the location.
That’s it, in this way, a user can convert PNG files to PDF on Windows. Now let us know how we can convert PNG to PDF on Mac.
How To Convert PNG To PDF On Mac?
The process of PNG to PDF on Mac is a very easy task just like Windows. But MacOS already comes with an in-built feature in the preview app where users can do all types of conversions.
So let us know how to do it-
- First, you have to open the PNG image that you want to convert.
- Then you have to click on the file option at the top side.
- From the drop-down menu, you have to click on the Export as PDF option.
- Now just choose the file name and the location where you want to save and click on Save
In this way, a user can convert PNG files to PDF on Mac OS. Now let us know how to convert PNG to PDF in Adobe Photoshop.
How To Convert PNG To PDF in Adobe Photoshop?
The Photoshop PDF can save different types of edits like layers, spot colour, notes, Photoshop Data, and some more. The PDF file can be easily opened in Photoshop and the edits can be made.
Just follow the steps to know how to do it –
- First of all, users need to open the PNG file in Adobe Photoshop.
- Now just click on the File option and then tap on Save As.
- Then you have to click on the Desktop option, then you will be able to see the option of Save As.
- Just tap on it and then choose Photoshop PDF from the drop-down menu and then click on Save.
- Now you need to select Adobe Preset, as it will be very helpful to show you how the final document will be used. There are certain printing presets available, users can choose at their convenience.
- Then just tap on Save PDF, Adobe Photoshop will save the PDF file to the desired location you choose.
That’s it, in this way, a user can convert PNG to PDF in Adobe Photoshop. The process is not difficult, just follow the steps carefully. Now we will tell you how to convert PNG to PDF using free Online Converters.
How to convert PNG to PDF with free online converters?
The PNG files can also be converted through some free online converter tools available on the Internet.
The process will be almost the same just like the above methods we have given. But if you don’t want to use any of the above methods then you can go with the tools that we have given below.
You just need to select the image and tap on the convert button to finish the process. Some tools also allow drag and drop features to speed up your work.
But as we know some tools that require paying a subscription amount and if you want to know about some free tools then let me help you do that.
Here are the main conversion tools –
How To Convert PNG To PDF Using Google Drive?
Google Drive allows the users to convert any type of PNG file to PDF easily. If you don’t know then there is nothing to worry about.
Let us know how to convert the PNG format to PDF using Google Drive.
- First of all, you need to open the PNG file that you want to convert.
- Then you have to tap on the send or share button (you may find it in the three dots at the top right corner or it may be listed at the bottom. It depends on the device type.)
- A list will come out then click on the save to drive option. And save the file with the relevant name.
- Now open the image in Google Drive.
- After that click on the print icon at the top right corner.
- Then the print setting page will open. There you will get the option of save as PDF option. Actually, it is the place to select the printer model but they gave a save to PDF option also.
- When you click the save button at the bottom it will open a new tab. Then it names and clicks save, it will save to your storage.
That’s it, users just need to follow the steps we have given above to convert the PNG format to PDF.
But please note I found not all phone models support this. They don’t show a full printing setting page in Google drive. Whereas you can also follow this process on a laptop or PC.
How to convert Multiple PNG to PDFs?
There may be certain situations where we need to convert Multiple images and that’s why we are providing you with the complete process of converting multiple PNG to PDF.
- First of all, users need to arrange all the PNG files to a new folder that they want to convert.
- Now just select all the images and click on the Share option in the toolbar.
- Then just click on the Print option and then choose Microsoft Print to PDF from the available many printers.
- Now users can change the quality and the size of the image by clicking on the different arrows.
- If you want to make some changes then you can click on an option below the image and can sharpen the image quality.
- Then you have to tick the mark of ‘only show the options that are compatible with my printer.
- Now just click on Printer properties and choose whether you want a landscape or portrait image.
- Just click on the Ok option to get back to print pictures and then click on the Save button to make the PDF and save it to the desired location.
This is the main and detailed process of converting multiple PNG to PDFs.
Does PNG to PDF lose quality?
Many people are asking this question whether PNG conversion to PDF loses quality or not. So let me clarify that PNG is an image format and PDF is not any type of image format.
It is not getting compressed to PDF but it is going to embed. So if you are trying to bring your PNG images into PDF format then there will not be any type of loss in the picture quality.
The other users will be easily able to read and view the document content.
So these are the overall process of converting PNG to PDF. That you can learn very quickly and easily and apply it on any file you want to convert.