You will never want that any type of sudden error while you are performing an important task. One of the most irritating printers is the Canon printer error code B200 Defective print head.
This type of error is dominant in many Canon printers, especially those from the Pixma series. In this blog, I am going to illustrate how to solve it. If you have any printer-related problems you can check our printer guide section.
What Causes the Canon Pixma Error B200?
Canon Printers are one of the most durable and highly pillar printers in the online market. Still, they attain some errors which can be done for many reasons.
Canon Pixma Error B200 is one of the most popular issues in Canon printers. This Error occurs in the Canon printer with the effectiveness of a defective print head.
Yes, if your print head of the printer is damaged then your printer will start showing the error b200 in its display.
This issue will affect the ink section of the printer that affects the cartridge and generate problems during printouts. Print heads can generate huge issues in your canon printer especially if you got an affordable one. So, solving this problem is an important task for you.
Canon Printer Error Code B200 Solutions
In the above section, we have discussed the causes of having the Error code B200. It’s time to discuss the best possible solution which will let your Error Code B200. So, if you’re a newbie or curious to know about the solutions to Error Code B200 then see the steps below:-
Resetting your printhead can be a good solution that will get rid of this issue. See the steps below to know-how:-
- Firstly, you have to unplug your canon printer from the power source.
- At this step, you have to open the print head so you can easily see the inner parts of the printer.
- Now, slide the print head at the center.
- Replug your Print head and make the cover turn on while the cover is open.
- The print head will start moving.
- When the print head starts moving towards the left then close the cover.
- Wait for some time and let the printer reboot.
Follow the steps below to know how you can easily solve the issue of Error B200 by removing obstructions:-
- Open the printer cover and take out the ink tanks from your printer.
- Now, lift the locking lever. This lever is available on the side of the ink tank holder.
- Now, take out the print head from the carriage unit.
- At this step, put the print head at the top of the printer and lock the lever.
- Now, place the ink tanks in their place and close the upper part of the printer.
- Switch off the printer and unplug it from the power source.
- Restart your printer after 5-10 minutes and check whether it is working properly or not.
Fixing a Printer Error B200 on 2-Ink Cartridge Canon Printers
If you have one of the printer models like the Canon Pixma MX410, Pixma MP250, and Pixma MP480 which models use 2 ink cartridges in it and you’re facing the issue of Error B200 in it then follow the steps below to know how to solve it.
- Firstly, you have to turn off the canon printer. After turning off the canon printer, wait until the cartridge comes into its place. If the cartridge will not reach its side automatically then you can set it manually also.
- Take out the ink cartridges and make them clean. Clean them properly and let them dry. Once you clean the ink cartridges then place them again in their original place.
- Now, you have to find out whether your ink cartridges are faulty or not. If you found it faulty then replace the cartridge otherwise place the old ink cartridges in the printer.
- Place a test to find whether the Error B200 is still occurring or not.
Fixing a Printer Error B200 on 4-Color Ink Canon Printers
In the above solution, we have discussed how you can solve the Error B200 issue if your printer has 2 color ink cartridges but what if you have 4 color ink cartridges?
Well, if you have the printers like the Pixma Pro-100, Pixma MG5720, and Pixma MG7720 then you have 4 color ink cartridges. To know how you can solve Printer Error B200 on 4-color ink cartridges are listed below:-
- Firstly, you have to open the ink cartridge of your printer. Now, raise the print head by pulling the lever at the side cartridge.
- Once you uninstall the ink cartridges then it’s time to clean it properly. For dealing with the printhead, take the print head and wipe the print head with the cloth. Now, clean the print head with soapy water and a sponge.
- Once you clean the ink cartridges properly. Make sure to dry the cartridge for 15 minutes.
- Now, reinstall the printhead and set the ink cartridges in their original place.
- At this step, disconnect the power plug and wait for some time. Now, reconnect the power cord and check whether the printer is working or not.
Update your printer driver
Updating the printer driver will also be a great solution for Error B200. Well, you can easily update your printer driver in 2 different ways
- Download and install the driver manually.
- Automatically update the printer driver.
Let’s see how you can easily update your printer driver in different ways.
Download and install the driver manually
- Firstly, you have to visit the official website of Canon Support. Click on this link to directly visit the page https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support.
- Now, select the option of Support and after that, a menu will open where you have to select the option of Software and Drivers.
- Enter the serial number that your canon printer attains.
- The list of the drivers will be available on your screen. Here, you just have to find a driver for you and download it easily.
- You’ll get an on-screen installation guide which you have to follow to install the driver.
Automatically update your printer driver
Let’s see how you can Automatically update your printer driver in your canon printer. Driver Easy is a platform that will let this work for you. You just have to install the application. This link will direct you to download the Driver Easy app https://www.drivereasy.com/kb/DriverEasy_Setup.exe. Once your Application is downloaded then install it.
Run the DriverEasy application on your device and make it scan your device to identify any problem on your desktop. If any problem occurs then it will notify you.
Now, click on the option of Update All option. This will update all your required stuff including your driver. Once your update will finish then you can come back to your home screen or restart the computer. Hence, your problem gets solved and the driver will get updated automatically.
Related Topic: Learn more about printer driver
How to Clean a Canon Ink Absorber?
Canon printers attain a feature which is called Ink Absorber. This ink Absorber will act as an absorber that is made with soft pads.
The work of this ink absorber is to absorb the excess ink which is spreading on the paper while printing. Due to the Absorber, you’ll get effective and clear printouts.
Well, sometimes the Absorber becomes full and stops absorbing the ink from the pages during the prints. Well, the absorber will become full then the printer will notify by flashing lights.
At this time, you must clean the Absorber so that it can easily work in the printer. If you don’t know how to clean the absorber then follow the steps which are listed below:-
- First, you have to take a bowl and fill it with warm and soapy water. The water warming level should be decent (not high).
- Wear the gloves and proceed to the next step.
- At this step, you have to open the ink cartridges section of your printer. This section will be available in the front or the back of the printer depending upon the model of the printer.
- Wait for some time and after that unplug the power source of the printer.
- Here, you have to find the black rubber frame which is available below the ink cartridges. You’ll find ink pads. Well, the number of pads can be different according to your printer model.
- Pull the rubber frame out and get the pads out. Take the pads to the bowl which is filled with warm water.
- Dip the pads in the warm water and press the pads so that they’ll exclude all the excess ink from it.
- Squeeze the pads, again and again, to make the ink out from the pads. Repeat this same step with all the pads.
- If the water becomes dirty then change it. When all the pads are completely cleaned then place them in a dry place.
- Check the pads from time to time so that you can find out whether the pads are dry or not.
- When the pads become completely dry then place them in the rubber frame and place the rubber frame in the printer.
- Assemble the printer and connect the power cable of the printer to a power source.
Hence, your pads become clean and you can easily use your printer. They’ll start giving effective prints because the ink absorber will absorb all the excess ink from the printer.
Tanmoy Misra found his love for tech early in life when he got his first Nintendo (NES) console. He spent many hours blowing into cartridges to no avail until inspiration struck and he started taking apart and rebuilding anything that didn’t work. After dropping console gaming at the end of high school, Tanmoy entered the world of PC online gaming. His love of gaming and problem-solving soon led him to build his computers. As per expertise, he is an ISF-certified video calibrator and covering AV for a number of publications since 2018.