Printer errors are very common but they are very disturbing especially when you are in a rush. Canon printer error code 5C20 is a faulty logic board error. Which I found happens commonly nearly in all Canon printers.
Whereas of every error, there is a solution and that’s what I am going to give you in this article.
In this blog, I am going to explain how to solve Canon printer error code 5C20: faulty logic board error. If you have any printer-related problems you can check our printer guide section.
What is Canon Printer Error 5C20?
Plenty of users using Canon Printer is showing errors when running maintenance. Well, this type of error is called Error 5C20.
Users will face the problem of Error 5C20 which is a hardware problem. This problem will occur due to a problem with the logic board.
When your rollers and the carriage are not able to move properly then your canon printer shows Error 5C20.
Well, this problem is not obvious or shows some serious issue in your printer. This error is not intentional and occurs due to some glitch.
You can easily solve this problem. If you have some problem with your software or have some problem with your printer driver then also Canon Printer Error 5C20.
Solution For Canon Printer Error Code 5C20
Well, this is not a serious problem. You can easily solve this problem in multiple ways. There are plenty of solutions that you can use to fix this problem.
So, if you’re facing this problem and want to get rid of it then the below discussed possible solutions will be very helpful for you.
Reset your printer
Resetting your printer will be a solution to this problem. See the steps below to know how you can easily reset your printer.
- Firstly, press the start button on your printer. Wait and press the button until the printer will switch off completely.
- Unplug the power outlet of your printer.
- It’s time to wait for some time. Wait at least 30 seconds and replug the printer.
- Now, turn on the printer by pressing the start button after plugging the power plug.
- Once the printer will Turn-On then try to print the page again. If the print occurs successfully then your problem is solved.
Well, make sure that when you reset your printer then all its flash memory will get deleted and your printer will reset completely.
Check the printer’s printhead
Cleaning the print head can also be a great option. If your printer shows Error 5C20 and you want to get rid of it then check the printer print head.
At the time of checking the print head make sure to unplug the printer from the power source. See the steps below:-
- Firstly, you have to unplug the printer from the electric power source. Once you plug out the printer then proceed to the next step.
- Open the lid of the printer and open the orange and gray liver which opens the ink section of your printer.
- Inside it, the printer print head will appear. Clean this printhead decently and close it.
- Plugin your printer and proceed to print the page.
Related Topic: What Causes Printhead Failure? Easy Tips to Avoid Them, How To Clean Print Head For Better Performance (Learn These 10 Points)
Make sure the carriage belt is in position
Sometimes the slip miscarriage blet will occur this problem. So, if your carriage belt is slipped then also you face the problem of Error 5C20. To solve this problem you may check the availability of carriage belts in the printer.
Unplug the printer from the power source. And open the upper part of the printer. Under the ink section of the printer, you’ll see the carriage belt.
See whether the carriage belt is slipped or not. If it is slipped then place it correctly and close the lid. Try to make a print and see whether the print is successful or not.
Replace the purge drive system unit
If you find the issue in the pump roller then don’t wait and immediately replace the purge drive system unit.
Once you replace the purge drive system unit then plug the printer and try to print the page. If the solution will effectively work on your problem then it’s good otherwise see 2 more options.
Run Printer Troubleshooter
Windows also offer solutions to solve the problem related to printers. The troubleshooter option will be very helpful to solve the printer-related problem. See the steps below to know more.
- Firstly, open the settings and select the option of “System“.
- A new page opens in front of your screen. Here, you have to select the option of troubleshooting and after that select the option of Other troubleshooting.
- Now, select the option of Run and save the command.
Reinstall Printer Driver
If your printer is corrupted then also you face this problem. Well, the direct solution to this problem is to reinstall the driver of your printer and customize the internal settings from your desktop. Follow the steps below to know-how:-
- Firstly, you have to disconnect your printer from your computer desktop.
- Now, open your device manager and proceed to the next step.
- Expand your printer queues.
- At this step, make a right-click on the canon driver, and select the option of uninstalling.
- Now, click on the option to uninstall.
Now, reopen your computer and reconnect the printer from your computer. If this solution will not work then download the printer driver and install it finally.
Related Topic: How To Uninstall And Reinstall Printer Drivers (Perfectly)
Here we conclude our article Canon Printer Error Code 5C20: Faulty Logic Board. Hope this article is enough to solve your problems if you have any questions you can ask me in the comment section.
And we have a huge section of printer reviews if you like you can check, with that you can also inspect our best printer section.
Tanmoy Misra found his love for tech early in life when he got his first Nintendo (NES) console. He spent many hours blowing into cartridges to no avail until inspiration struck and he started taking apart and rebuilding anything that didn’t work. After dropping console gaming at the end of high school, Tanmoy entered the world of PC online gaming. His love of gaming and problem-solving soon led him to build his computers. As per expertise, he is an ISF-certified video calibrator and covering AV for a number of publications since 2018.