Like other hardware devices canon printer also encounters various errors code one of them is Error code 5200.
Canon printer error code 5200 is not that big an issue to worry about. If your printer is showing error code 5200 don’t worry.
Canon has been making high-quality hardware accessories for more than two decades.
The company has a good reputation in the market for its quality product and service to its users. Talking about the Canon printer is one of the most popular hardware devices in the market.
In this guide, we will discuss more this error in detail along with the solutions.
Therefore, I recommend you to read the complete article so that you won’t miss important things from the article.
What is Canon Printer Error Code 5200?
Canon printer error code 5200 is associated with ink usage by the printer. There are two main causes that can escalate ink issues in the printer Faulty Cartridge or faulty logic board.
If your printer has any of the issues you are likely to encounter Canon printer error 5200. Apart from this, you could also encounter the error code due to other technical reasons.
Now in the next section, we will look at all the possible causes behind the Canon printer error 5200 in detail.
Cause of 5200 Error Code in Canon Printer
Before considering any solution it is better to know the reason behind the issue with the printer. It will give you a clear idea about the issue and helps you fix the issue without any problem.
Therefore, here are some possible reasons that can trigger error code 5200 in the Canon printer.
- Faulty or damaged ink Cartridge.
- The low ink level in the printer Cartridge.
- Defect in printer Logic board.
- The black ink on the printer is not completely filled.
These are some of the major reasons behind the error code 5200 in the Canon printer. If you are trying to fix the issue I recommend you to go throw these issues.
Now in this section, we will be discussing the solution to Canon Printer Error code 5200. Here we will discuss 5 different solutions that you can try on your printer to fix the Error code issue in your Canon Printer.
Refill Your Cartridges/ink Tanks
If the printer ink is below the recommended level of empty you should consider refilling it to prevent Error code 5200.
Therefore, the first and foremost thing I recommend you is to check the cartridge of your printer.
If it is empty refill it and ensure that it is above the recommended level. After refilling Turn on your printer and check if the error persists or not. If the error persists check the next solution from the article.
Related Topic: Is Refilling The Ink Cartridge A Good Idea?
Clean up your print head
If you have not cleaned the printer for a long time I suggest you clean your printer head.
When you don’t clean the printer head cartridge can be stained over and over again causing error code 5200 in your printer.
Follow the below steps to clean the printer head.
- Unplug the printer power card and make sure to remove the USB cable from the printer as well.
- Open the printer compartment and remove the cartridge of your printer.
- Damp lint-free cotton clothes in hot water and wipe the stains and ink from the cartridge.
- After cleaning the printer head leave it to dry.
- If it is dry install the cartridge in the printer and see if the error code persists or not.
Follow the above step and see if the problem persists or not. If the error code is still appearing in the printer check the next solution.
Related Topic: How To Clean Print Head For Better Performance
Manually reset the printer to its default settings
If you have tried the above discuss the solution and the error code still persists on your printer. I recommend you reset the printer to its default setting.
Sometimes technical glitches inside the printer can encounter an error code in the printer. If you don’t know how to reset the printer follow the below step-wise instruction.
- First of all, Turn off your printer.
- From the control panel press and hold the “Stop and On” button simultaneously for three seconds. After this remove your finger from the stop button.
- Now repeat step no 2 for 5 times in the gap of 2 seconds. You will see a Yellow icon every time you press the stop button.
- Release the button if the printer LCD is blank. This is the sign of new setting initialization on your printer. In addition to this, the printer “On” button will also blink during the initialization process.
- Once the button stops blinking Turn Off the printer Restart it again and see if the error code persists or not.
Turn off and on the canon printer
This is another solution that can fix the error code issues. When you restart and Turn Off your printer multiple times it can improve the functioning of the printer and could fix the Error code 5200 issue in the printer.
If your printer is still showing Error code 5200 I recommend you to Turn Off your printer and wait for 5-10 minutes and Turn On the printer.
Install repair tools
If there is software related issue it can also trigger error code 5200 in the Canon printer. You can get rid of this problem by installing repair tools on your computer.
There are lots of free repair tools on the internet that you can use to diagnose the issue error code issue on your printer.
Follow the below step-wise instruction to install free repair tools on your computer.
- Go to the official page of your printer brand.
- Now search the software section on the website menu.
- Click on the software and download the “Printer Diagnostic and Repair” tools.
- Install the downloaded software program and run it on your computer.
- Open the software and follow the instruction shown on your device.
Canon Printer Models Prone To Canon Printer Error 5200
Now you must be wondering if this error code is common in every printer model?
Canon Printer Error code is not prone to every model of printer. Here is the list of models that are more prone to Canon printer error code 5200.
- Canon MP610 Printer Error 5200
- Canon MX350 Printer Error 5200
- Canon MX330 Printer Error 5200
- Canon Printer MP490 Error 5200
- Canon MX320 Printer Error 5200
- Canon MP495 Printer Error 5200
- Canon MX340 Printer Error 5200
- Canon MP270 Printer Error 5200
- Canon MX360 Printer Error 5200
- Canon MP280 Printer Error 5200
- Canon MX410 Printer Error 5200
- Canon MP480 Printer Error 5200
These are some of the printer models that are more prone to encounter error code 5200.
More Solution For Canon Printers
Canon Printer Error Code 5C20: Faulty Logic Board
Canon Printer Error Code 853 (Internal Processing Error)
Canon Printer Error 5b00 (Ink Absorber Is Full)
Canon Printer Error 5100 (Cartridge Carriage Error)
Canon Printer Error Code B200 (Defective Print Head)
Check Printer Reviews
Best Printer For Cardstock Printing With Expert Reviews
5 Best Wireless Printers Under $150
Best Laser Printers Under 200 Dollars
Tanmoy Misra found his love for tech early in life when he got his first Nintendo (NES) console. He spent many hours blowing into cartridges to no avail until inspiration struck and he started taking apart and rebuilding anything that didn’t work. After dropping console gaming at the end of high school, Tanmoy entered the world of PC online gaming. His love of gaming and problem-solving soon led him to build his computers. As per expertise, he is an ISF-certified video calibrator and covering AV for a number of publications since 2018.