Printer errors are very ordinary but they are very disturbing especially when you are in a hurry. Canon Printer Error Code 5100 is a Cartridge carriage Error.
Canon Printer error code 5100 is one of the common errors that occur in Canon printers. If your canon printer is not printing the pages and the screen of the Canon Printer will show the error of 5100 then there is a problem in your cartridge carriage.
When your printer cartridge carriage attains some default then your printer will be unable to operate properly. Well, there are plenty of reasons for Error 5100 in your Canon printer.
The main reason for having this problem is the excess availability of foreign particles or having overprotective tape in it.
Some major symptoms direct the problem of error code 5100 canon. So, if you wanna know about the reasons by which Error Code 5100 Canon printer occurs see the content below:-
- Difficulty in printing documents and photographs:- If your printer creates problems while printing the documents and photographs then you can produce that you have the issue of Error 5100 code.
- Orange flashing alarm lamp:- If your printer’s alarm will start flashing the orange color then this may cause the error 5100 code in your canon printer.
- Alternatively flashing of power lamp:- When your printer attains the issue of uncertain dust then your printer attains the Error 5100 and your power lamp will start flashing alternatively.
- FINE ink cartridges move from their actual position:- If your ink cartridges move from their actual position then your printer will start creating issues during the printer. This is a symptom that your printer attains the issue of Error 5100.
- Timing strip of printer starts appearing:- When your printer is facing the issue of Error 5100 then the timing strip of the printer will start appearing. Well, this looks uncertain and unusual.
Above, we have discussed the symptoms which indicate that your printer attains the issue of Canon Error 5100.
In the above section, we have discussed Canon Error 5100 and its symptoms. If you’re facing this problem then you have to acquire the proper knowledge of why it occurs. This knowledge will help you to get protected from Canon Printer Error 5100.
So, let’s see the reasons why Canon Printer Error 5100 occurs in your Canon Printer.
- If you don’t clean the outer part of the printer from time to time and the dust will get stuck in your printer then your printer will start showing this error 5100.
- Not only outer but if you want to be protected from Canon error 5100 then you also have to ensure the cleaning of interior parts of the printer.
- If the available ink cartridges of your printer are not genuine or you use low-quality cartridges in your printer then also you may face the issue of Error 5100 in your printer.
- If some dirt gets stuck in the print head of your printer then it is also possible that your printer will start having the issue of Error 5100.
- If the printing paper size of the paper is not correct or ideal for the printer then you may face the issue of Error 5100 in your printer.
- The availability of unwanted obstruction which occurs as a problem in the pathway of your printer will cause Error 5100.
- Sometimes, the improper installation of the ink cartridges in the printer will also become the reason for Error 5100. So, make sure that when you install the ink cartridges in your printer that the ink cartridges will be installed correctly.
- If a piece of paper gets stuck in the printer then you may face the issue of Error 5100.
- If the FINE Cartridges are not genuine then it will be a good cause of having the issue of Error 5100.
- If you have some problem with the ink absorber of your printer then also you may face the issue of Error 5100.
So, these are the possible and major reasons for having the issue of Canon Printer Error 5100. If you found one of the reasons in your printer and want to get the best solution for it just stick with us.
After discussing the introduction, symptoms, and reasons for having the issue of Error 5100 in your printer, it’s time to go with the solutions. See the below content to know the best possible solutions to Error 5100 in your printer.
The ink Cartridge is one of the most important parts of the print which lets the print complete without any hindrances.
If you have a problem with your ink cartridge then the error of 5100 will occur in your canon printer.
If you have a problem with your ink Cartridge then let’s see the below steps to know what to do.
- Firstly, you have to unplug your canon printer.
- You have to unplug all the wires which are connected to your printer. So, carefully unplug all the wires and proceed to the next step.
- Access the cartridge door in your canon printer.
- At this step, you have to long-press the power button of your printer.
- Now, attach the power cables and USB cables to your printer.
You can also solve this problem by resting the Canon printer. Follow some easy steps by which you can easily reset your canon printer.
- Firstly, Turn off your Canon printer.
- At this step, remove the power cable of your printer. Make sure that your printer is not connected to any power source.
- It’s time to wait for a few seconds. And when the wait is over then replying all the wires and connecting the printer with the power source.
- Turn on your device and select the option of resume.
Your canon printer will get started successfully. Now, check the printer by giving the print command that the Error 5100 will occur or not?
When you remove your Jammed Bits of paper from your canon printer then also you’ll get rid of this issue.
- Firstly, you have to ensure that your printer is powered off. If your printer is connected to the power source then unplug it.
- Now, it’s time to take out the paper output cover part of the printer.
- Make sure that there is not a single sheet available in your printer.
- In the FINE Cartridge Holder, you just have to place a look and collect the jammed paper inside the machine.
- Take out the jammed paper carefully. Make sure that not any part will get damaged due to jammed paper.
- Load the fresh paper sheet and close the printer.
- Now, plug in the printer and try to print.
When you open your printer and enter the inside part of your printer then you find a while sheet. This is called a white stop which is available in the printer.
This will be placed above the drive belt. If the strip is not clean properly then your printer may show the issue of Error 5100.
In this case, you just have to open the printer and take a soft cotton cloth. See the strip and if it attains dust then clean softly and gently. Once you clean the Printing strip then reattach the printer’s printing parts and operate it.
Sometimes the dust appearing inside the canon printer will be the reason for having the issue of Error 5100. So, you may clean your printer from inside time to time. Let’s see how:-
- Firstly, turn off your Canon printer.
- Now, take a soft cloth and make it with 100% cotton.
- Take the cloth and rub it on the outside of the printer gently to clean the printer from the outside.
- Take the rubbing alcohol and dust-free cloth.
- Now, gently spray the cleaning solution in the cloth and clean the printer with the cloth from inside.
Plenty of users have faced the problem of Error 5100 in their printer and explained that sometimes Error 5100 will occur in the printer due to the obstruction in the pathway of the printer.
So, to get rid of this issue you have to check the pathway of the canon printer and always ensure that your Canon printer has a clear pathway.
Resetting the ink absorbed will also be a great option that helps you to prevent the issue of Error 5100. Follow the steps which are listed below:-
- Firstly, turn off your Canon printer. Once you turn off the canon printer then immediately plug out the cord.
- At this step, turn your printer on by pressing the power button available in the printer.
- Hold the power button and attach the power cord again.
- Release the power button and wait for some time.
- Again press the power button and release it after some time.
Replacing the FINE cartridge from the canon printer is also a great option that solves your Error 5100 issue. See the steps below to know-how:-
- Firstly, Turn off your printer and make sure to unplug All the cords from it.
- Now, open your printer’s front cover.
- Access the paper outlay tray.
- Now, you have to press the ink cartridges downwards until you hear a sound. This will automatically open the upper lid of the printer.
- Take out the FINE Cartridge and if it looks damaged then replace it.
- At this step, pull the ink cartridges button.
- Shut the outer cover of the printer and attach wires/cords.
- Take a sample print to check.
Follow the steps which are listed below:-
- Firstly, you have to turn off your printer and after that, you have to go to the print cartridges and open them.
- Now, take out the color packages.
- It’s time to install the color packages one at a time in the printer.
- Make sure that the color packages are adjusted tightly. If you find them loose then adjust them properly.
- At this step, you have to perform a test print. If the test print will get successful then it’s good otherwise you should try any other solution.
Canon is one of the biggest manufacturers and service providers of high-quality printers. There are plenty of Canon printer models which are available on the market.
Well, the error 5100 and various other types of errors that you face in a specified canon printer will also be shown in various other models. See the list of the models below.
IP1300 MG2570 MP490
So, if you have one of the above-discussed models of Canon pro tee then you may face this issue. Well, with the help of solutions you can easily get rid of it.
Error 5100 is a common error that is shown in plenty of canon printers. Well, we have discussed the best solutions for it but what if you can prevent the error from your printer.
So, we have figured out some tips for you which will keep your printer protected from Error 5100 and many other types of errors.
- Make sure that the paper you’re using is correct in size. This will let your printer be protected from error 5100.
- For getting the best quality print from your printer, always clean the print head of your printer. Some do it daily but ensure proper cleaning of your printer occasionally.
- The ink cartridges which you’re using will be genuine.
- Keep your printer clean and place it in a cool and dry place.
So, these are some tips that will let you protect yourself from Error 5100 in your Canon Printer.
Here we conclude our article Canon Printer Error Code 5100: Cartridge carriage Error. Hope this article is enough to solve your problems if you have any questions you can ask me in the comment section.
Tanmoy Misra found his love for tech early in life when he got his first Nintendo (NES) console. He spent many hours blowing into cartridges to no avail until inspiration struck and he started taking apart and rebuilding anything that didn’t work. After dropping console gaming at the end of high school, Tanmoy entered the world of PC online gaming. His love of gaming and problem-solving soon led him to build his computers. As per expertise, he is an ISF-certified video calibrator and covering AV for a number of publications since 2018.